Subject: Re: ScreamerNet Questions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 21:25:55 PDT

>Paul,
>
>In case you are interested, there are 2 companies that I know of that
>will sell you one of thier custom made boxes.
>
>1) Top Data - 800-888-3318 advertises a 4400 & other features for $3,600
>
>2) Vortex - 800-586-5860 (Ext.2002 - ask for Steve) Steve is very helpful
>in educating you about MIPS boxes.
>
>
>
>The NEC workstations that Mark described uses specialised ram to relieve
>bottleneck problems & increases benchmark specs 20 %. They sound like a
>very good deal!
>
>
>Once ScreamerNet is released, it would be helpful if test renderings
>listing the scene (Texture Examples ?), attributes used & rendering time
>could be posted so that we could all compare.
>
>Maybe some kind vendor would care to give the mailing list members a
>price break on their MIPS workstations.
>
>Michael Meshew
>

Test renderings would be great.  I was just more interesting in a general
list... sort of the beginnings of a Screamernet FAQ.  Right now in
c.s.a.hardware someone has been maintaining a list of AGA compatible
monitors.  That is basically the kind of list I was thinking of.  If someone
wants to buy a ScreamerNet set up, they can FTP to Aminet and get the
ScreamerNet FAQ and it'll have a list of machines, how fast they compare
(i.e. texture rendering idea), who makes them, how much they cost, blah,
blah, blah....

Paul

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Paul C. Griswold            (305)279-5435      35mm Film Production      |
| Director                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^      Avid Media Composer 8000  |
| FilmSmith International Inc.------------------>4 Emmy Awards             |
|   Music Videos, Commercial Film, 3D Animation, Still Frame Animation     |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+